University of Oxford
Browse
1/1
14 files

Stonegrave Minster, North Yorkshire

Version 2 2022-12-14, 12:44
Version 1 2022-12-09, 18:02
educational resource
posted on 2022-12-14, 12:44 authored by Woruldhord Project Team

Stonegrave Minster was in existence in AD 757 when a letter from Pope Paul was written to King Eadberht of Northumbria about appointing an abbot. The church was added onto during the Norman period, though most of the present church was built during in 1863. During the rebuilding in the nineteenth century a considerable number of Anglo-Saxon crosses and cross fragments were recovered from the site.

History

Date Created

19/09/2010

Date

Anglo-Saxon, Norman, Medieval, Modern

Temporal Coverage

800-1000

Creator

Kelly A. Kilpatrick

Source

Contributor's own images

Language

English

Usage metrics

    Woruldhord

    Exports

    RefWorks
    BibTeX
    Ref. manager
    Endnote
    DataCite
    NLM
    DC